We practice Fair Trade because:
- We identify ourselves with the 10 principles of Fair Trade and we are convinced that it is an exchange relationship based in the dialog, transparency and respect, that looks for a better equity in the practice of the International Trade.
- We believe that Fair Trade contributes to the sustainable development: making sure that better commercial terms can be obtained and protecting the rights of the small producers and excluded employees from the emerging countries.
- Giving a better payment in a punctual way, we are helping to the producers to feel security and to have a better living condition for them and their families.
- We promote, value and reward opportunely the women’s job.
- We improve the ability of the producer to obtain a better productive and administrative social inclusion.
- We promote healthy and friendly environmental practices, helping to protect the health of our customers and our planet.
Trip to Juliaca (2015)
Continue with our efforts to create more opportunities for the producers with less economic resources, giving more importance to the rural producers which live in the fields that are organized into groups in order to improve their living conditions. We are supporting 10 organized committees that are in the path to obtain their Juridical Personality.
Commitment to not discriminate, ensure gender equality and also look for the economic empowerment of the women. Actually, we have prioritized the training as a way to strengthen the leadership and economic empower to the woman.
Capacity Building. This year we are concentrated in improving their production capacities, developing their abilities to work as a team and share their knowledge mutually.
Environment. Continue with the technique of hand knitted, with 100% natural alpaca, with sticks or with looms, as well as use the dyed alpaca fiber with natural plants, following ancient techniques, with the objective to protect the health of the consumers as well as the planet.
News activities Fair Trade
We give our congratulations to all Juliaca artisans that work with us, for the interest to make and Association with Legal Status, which will allow them to receive directly any kind of help for special projects from donors and institutions that look for Social Responsibility.
We thank to our client Matthias Pieper from Mariposa Fair Trade of Germany, for giving us the support with donations managed for the conformation of the Association of AGRO ARTESANOS ROAC MAQUI, which had joined 113 artisans aproximately, well organizes in 10 committees.
On the 23rd and 24th of July of the current year, artisans from Juliaca received two members of the staff of Minkay Fair Trade SAC, which traveled to make training activities regarding the quality control and finishing touchs for the hand knitted alpaca garments, getting the interest and motivation to make continuous improvements.